Important Health Precautions at Surfsand Resort
Per Oregon public health order, facial coverings are required when in public spaces, both indoors and outdoors where unable to physically distance from others. The Surfsand Resort pool uses the MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) rated filters, the highest level of filter available for pool use. Our filters are over 4” thick, and while rated to be changed every six months, we change ours every two months to maximize our efforts to protect the health & safety of our guests.
We also require our guests to make reservations and keep their social distance of a minimum of 6 feet from other parties while enjoying the pool and only one family at a time utilize the hot tub as enforced by our social distance monitor that oversees the pool area. If you choose to bring in your own pool toys, please take them with you when you leave. The maximum occupancy for the pool and hot tub area is 7 people total.
Our fitness center has a maximum occupancy of two people. Our sauna is currently closed.
The well-being of our team members and customers is of paramount importance. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the COVID-19 cases and following guidelines from these agencies as well as the local health departments. For more information, refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.
Through our management company, Columbia Hospitality, we’ve also partnered with Ecolab, a global leader in infection prevention, to take our already stringent safety and sanitation protocols to the next level through the Columbia Clean program.
COLUMBIA CLEAN PROTOCOLS INCLUDE:
– Utilizing highly effective and sustainable Ecolab cleaning products to clean and disinfect throughout the properties.
– Utilizing training and procedures as recommended by Ecolab and the CDC.
– Increasing the frequency and intensity of cleaning and disinfecting high-touch, high-traffic areas at every property, such as light switches, door handles, remotes, elevator buttons, thermostats, and more.
– Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing culinary tools and kitchen work areas, along with team members wearing personal protective equipment, sanitizing POS systems between uses, and more.
– Enhancing cleaning and sanitation standards throughout guestrooms, event spaces, common areas, heart-of-house spaces, and more.
– Implementing physical distancing layouts, markers and signage in restaurants and bars, common areas, meeting and event spaces, and amenities.
– De-cluttering paper and other amenities, such as pen, paper, directories, magazines, scorecards, etc. and supplementing with digital options or providing amenities upon request.
– Increasing the number of customer-accessible sanitizing stations at primary entrances and high-traffic locations like elevators and lobbies.
– Launching Columbia Clean Teams; team members thoroughly trained on health, hygiene, safety and sanitization standards and responsible for upholding these standards.
If you have any questions about Health & Safety at Surfsand Resort, please contact 503.436.2274 and ask for the Manager on duty.